The Friday Brain-teaser from Xrefer - this week: Rawson's Euphemisms. Answers here.
1. What does it mean if we say that someone has "gone to the Happy Hunting Grounds"?
2. Which word for a slaughterhouse comes from a French word meaning "to strike down"?
3. The abbreviation "WC" stands for which phrase that NBC edited out of a joke by Jack Parr in 1960 and caused his resignation from the "Tonight" show?
4. "Cow brute" is a euphemism for which word which even earthy farmers have tried to avoid?
5. Which word for a graveyard comes from a Greek word referring to a dormitory or sleeping place?
6. The phrase "late unpleasantness" is used to describe what?
7. What is the meaning of the word "enceinte"?
8. During World War I, which food was called "liberty cabbage" in America - was it lettuce, spinach or sauerkraut?
9. In 1894, who famously described homosexuality as "the love that dare not speak its name"?
10. "Thanatology" is the study of what?