The Friday Brain-teaser from Xrefer - this week: Memorable Movies. Answers here.
1. In the 1959 film "North by Northwest", who played the main role of an advertising executive pursued across the United States by people trying to kill him?
2. In which 1993 film did Demi Moore star as a woman offered a million dollars to have an adulterous affair?
3. Which 1968 science fiction film, directed by Stanley Kubrick, was based on a story by Arthur C. Clarke and included the flawed computer HAL?
4. Which Belgian-born actress starred in the films "Roman Holiday", "Funny Face" and "Breakfast at Tiffany's"?
5. Which 1959 film starred Jack Lemmon and Tony Curtis as two jazz musicians who disguise themselves as women?
6. Which 1949 film, set in postwar Vienna, was scripted by Graham Greene and directed by Carol Reed?
7. Who played the astronaut Ellen Ripley in the 1979 film "Alien" and its sequels?
8. What was the title of Thomas Keneally's novel on which Steven Spielberg based his film "Schindler's List"?
9. Which 1981 film about an archaeologist was adapted by Lawrence Kasdan from a story by George Lucas and Philip Kaufman?
10. The films "Jean de Florette" and "Manon des Sources" were based on stories by which French author?