The Friday Brain-teaser from Xrefer - this week: Hotels. Answers here
1. Which hotel did Elvis Presley sing about in 1956 to give him his first song to reach the top of the US charts?
2. Which civil rights activist was assassinated in April 1968 on the balcony of the Lorraine Hotel in Memphis?
3. Name the famous hotel in the Strand, London, which was opened in 1889, when its first manager was Cesar Ritz.
4. Which hotel was the title of a 1976 song and album by the Eagles about the hedonistic lifestyle of southern California?
5. Which fashionable hotel in Switzerland was the title of a 1984 novel by Anita Brookner which won the Booker Prize for fiction?
6. In which London street is the renowned Ritz Hotel: is it Bond Street, Park Lane or Piccadilly?
7. In which 1932 film about a hotel did Greta Garbo say "I want to be alone?"
8. Which female singer-songwriter made the 1998 album "From the Choirgirl Hotel?"
9. In which city is the King David Hotel, which was attacked by the military organization Irgun in 1946?
10. Which US oil billionaire purchased the Pierre Hotel in New York City in 1938 for $2.5 million?