The Friday Brain-teaser from Xrefer - this week: Cultural Literacy. Answers here
1. What does the abbreviation "DVD" stand for?
2. Which English architect designed Saint Paul's Cathedral in London?
3. What is the name for a reversal of sounds in two words - for example, when someone says "May I sew you to another sheet?" instead of "May I show you to another seat?"
4. According to Dante, the words "Abandon hope, all ye who enter here" are inscribed at the entrance to which place?
5. In which country was the playwright Tom Stoppard born?
6. What is the name for a nuclear reactor in which plutonium and other materials are produced as a by-product?
7. Name six of the nine common parts of speech (e.g., "adjectives").
8. Which Polish labour leader headed Solidarity, the independent labour union, and won the Nobel Prize for peace in 1983?
9. A haiku is a form of Japanese poetry which contains how many lines?
10. What was the real first name of "Che" Guevara, the Latin-American revolutionary?