The Friday Brain-teaser from Xrefer - this week: Crime Writers. Answers here
1. Name the priest featured in detective stories by G. K. Chesterton.
2. Which US crime writer's novels "The Big Sleep," "Farewell, My Lovely" and "The Long Goodbye" were all made into films?
3. Detective fiction writer Agatha Christie wrote a play which has been showing in London's West End since 1952. What is its title?
4. Which Belgian crime writer created Inspector Maigret in 1931?
5. Which English writer of detective fiction wrote "Murder Must Advertise," "The Nine Tailors" and "Gaudy Night"?
6. Which Russian author wrote the novel "Crime and Punishment?"
7. Inspector Morse first appeared in the 1975 book "Last Bus to Woodstock" - written by which author?
8. Which 19th-century US writer created the detective Auguste Dupin, who solved the "Murders in the Rue Morgue?"
9. In which 1887 novel did Arthur Conan Doyle introduce the characters Sherlock Holmes and Dr Watson?
10. Which writer of crime fiction with a feminist angle created the private investigator V. I. Warshawski?