The Friday Brain-teaser from Xrefer - this week: Buildings and Architects. Answers here
1. Which New York skyscraper was the highest building in the world from 1931 until 1972?
2. Oscar Niemeyer was the principal architect of the new city which replaced Rio de Janeiro as the capital of Brazil in 1960. What is the new city called?
3. What shape is the vast glass sculpture, designed by I. M. Pei, which forms the main entrance to the Louvre in Paris?
4. In which city is the Sears Tower which was once the tallest building in the world?
5. Name the Spanish architect who worked mainly in Barcelona, where his Church of the Holy Family is still under construction.
6. In 1999-2000, the former Bankside power station in London was converted into which art gallery by Herzog and de Meuron?
7. Which US architect designed the Guggenheim Museum in New York?
8. Which British architect designed the Pompidou Centre in Paris, as well as the Lloyds building and the Millennium Dome in London?
9. The Swiss-born French architect Charles-Edouard Jeanneret adopted what name by which he is best known?
10. Which US architect designed the Dymaxion house and the geodesic dome?