The Friday Brain-teaser from Xrefer - this week: Anniversaries. Answers here
1. Which American popular singer, born in 1935, had successes with the songs "Love Me Tender" and "Hound Dog?"
2. Which German-born scientist devised the special theory of relativity in 1905?
3. Which English film actor and director, whose films include "The Kid" and "The Great Dictator," was knighted in 1975?
4. Which US dramatist won a Pulitzer Prize for his 1955 play "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof?"
5. Jerry Garcia died in 1995. He was the leader of which rock band?
6. Which famous American football player was acquitted in 1995 of murdering his ex-wife?
7. The leaders of the millenial Aum Shinrikyo were held responsible for an attack on the Tokyo underground in 1995, using which nerve-gas?
8. In 1985, Bill Watterson produced a syndicated newspaper comic strip featuring a boy and his toy tiger. What was the comic strip called?
9. Which English trader was responsible in 1995 for the collapse of the Baring Brothers merchant bank?
10. Which famous British composer, born in 1905, wrote "The Midsummer Marriage" and "A Child of Our Time"?