The Friday Brain-teaser from Xrefer - this week: Opera. Answers here
1. Who were the other members of the Three Tenors from 1988 besides Luciano Pavarotti?
2. What is the term for the words or text of an opera?
3. Were the operas "Rigoletto," "La Traviata" and "Otello" written by Verdi, Gilbert & Sullivan, or Rossini?
4. Which 1935 opera by George Gershwin was the first opera written for an all-Black cast?
5. Who wrote the operas "The Barber of Seville" and "William Tell?"
6. Which 1893 opera by Engelbert Humperdinck was about a brother and sister taken in by a witch who lives in a gingerbread cottage?
7. Was the soprano Maria Callas born in Athens, Verona or New York?
8. John Adams won a Grammy Award in 1989 for which of his operas - about an American president abroad?
9. Which opera by Richard Strauss, first performed in 1911, has a German title that means "the knight of the rose?"
10. Which 1728 opera by John Gay was adapted by Bertolt Brecht as "The Threepenny Opera?"