This week's Friday Brain-Teaser from xrefer tests your knowledge of The New Year. Answers here.
1. The Millennium Bug was a crisis that faced computer users at the end of which year?
2. A survey in 1997 showed that the two most popular New Year's resolutions were to give up smoking and...what else?
3. In Scotland, what is the name for New Year's Eve?
4. The author of the 1951 book "The Catcher in the Rye" was born on 1 January, 1919. What is his name?
5. The Jewish New Year usually falls in one of which two months?
6. After 1752, England used the Gregorian calendar. What was the name of the calendar that preceded it?
7. First foot (or first-footer) is a name in Scotland for which person?
8. January is named after the Roman god of doors, gates and new beginnings. What was this god's name?
9. "La Saint-Sylvestre" is the French name for which day around the end of the year?
10. Grandmaster Flash, one of the originators of hip-hop, was born on 1 January, 1958 - in which part of the West Indies?