This week's Friday Brain-Teaser from xrefer tests your knowledge of Cartoons in Print. Answers here.
1. Ronald Searle is best known for his cartoons of the outrageous girls at which school?
2. Which newspaper cartoon series created by Al Capp in 1934 takes place in the town of Dogpatch?
3. What was the nationality of the cartoonist who created Tintin?
4. Which American cartoonist created the series of cartoons called "The Far Side?"
5. British cartoonist David Low created a famous character - a colonel who was pompous, with out-of-date or extreme conservative views. Name this character.
6. Two men appeared in American comic strips drawn by Bud Fisher from 1907. Their names have become nicknames for a pair of stupid men. One was called Mutt: what was the other called?
7. Which British cartoonist (1872-1944) was famous for his drawings of fantastic contraptions to perform simple operations, like raising one's hat or shuffling cards?
8. In the Popeye cartoons, what was the name of Popeye's girlfriend?
9. Which toy got its name from a cartoon depicting Theodore Roosevelt sparing the life of a bear cub?
10. Name the lazy husband of Blondie in Chic Young's cartoon strip "Blondie."