The Friday Brain-teaser from xrefer: "Climb every mountain" as Julie Andrews sang. Even if you're just an armchair hiker, see if you can scale the heights of these quiz questions about mountains. Answers here:
1. What is the world's highest mountain?
2. Which mountain chain of western North America runs from Alaska to Mexico?
3. What is the name of the famous South African mountain that overlooks Cape Town?
4. The Apennines are a long mountain range in which country?
5. What is the highest mountain in the British Isles?
6. The Matterhorn is on the border between which two countries?
7. What is the highest mountain in Africa?
8. In which island are the mountain ranges of Kyrenia and the Troodos Mountains?
9. In which country are the Harz Mountains?
10. In Greek mythology, which mountain in Greece is known as the home of poetry and music?