The Friday Brain-teaser from xrefer: Are you an oenologist or just someone who likes a glass of wine (or three) with your meals. Either way, see if you can answer these questions about wines. Answers here:
1. Is claret usually a red or white wine?
2. In Roman mythology, who was the god of wine?
3. The Barossa Valley is a noted wine-producing area - in which country?
4. Which drink of wine mixed with soda water, sparkling water or lemonade gets its name from a German word for a splash?
5. A Methuselah is a wine bottle holding the equivalent of how many ordinary bottles: eight, ten or twelve?
6. Marsala comes originally from which island?
7. Does vinho verde come from Italy, Spain or Portugal?
8. The Yquem vineyard is in which area of France?
9. The wine called Tokay comes originally from which country?
10. Which wine gets its name from a French word for a young blackbird?