This week's Friday brain-teaser from xrefer tests your knowledge about people who share the same first name. This week the name is Mary. Try to identify each Mary from the clues below. Answers here:
1. English author who wrote the 1818 novel "Frankenstein"
2. A children's nanny with magical powers, in stories by P. L. Travers
3. Follower of Christ who anointed his feet and wiped them with her long hair
4. English novelist (1819-80) who used the pen-name "George Eliot"
5. British fashion designer, born 1934, famous for her miniskirts
6. Irish politician, born 1944, president of Ireland from 1990 to 1997
7. American singer, born 1971, whose debut album "What's the 411" went platinum
8. American writer (1912-89), well known for her novel "The Group" about Vassar graduates in the 1930s
9. Singer, born 1943 in Detroit, best remembered for the 1964 song "My Guy"
10. English feminist and radical (1759-97) who married William Godwin