This week's brain-teaser is on the seasonal subject of Christmas. There will be no quizzes for the next two weeks. Answers here:
1. Which two-word phrase is used for a large log traditionally burned in a fireplace at Christmas?
2. Which composer wrote "The Messiah", which is often performed at Christmas?
3. Mr Fezziwig's Ball took place in which story by Charles Dickens?
4. Which American record producer produced a famous 1963 concept album called "A Christmas Gift for You"?
5. What seasonal name is given to Kiritimati, the largest of the Line Islands in the Pacific Ocean?
6. Which US-born songwriter wrote 'Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer'?
7. Who wrote the children's book called "How the Grinch Stole Christmas"?
8. Who introduced the tradtion of having a Christmas Tree to Britain in the 1800's?
9. Which famous American wrote "How many observe Christ's birthday! How few, his precepts! O! 'tis easier to keep holidays than commandments"?
10. In medicine, what is the "Christmas factor" necessary for?