Last week's brain-teaser was about the largest things in the world. Now here's a quiz to test your knowledge of the smallest examples of things in various categories. Answers are here.
1. What is the world's smallest continent?
2. What is the word for the smallest unit of data which a computer system can handle?
3. Which is the smallest state of the United States?
4. What phrase is used for a grand piano of the smallest size?
5. What is the word for the smallest number of members of a committee which must be present before a meeting can be held?
6. What is the world's smallest ocean?
7. What is the word for the smallest element of the image displayed on a computer or TV screen, consisting of a single dot?
8. "MLD" is an abbreviation in medicine for the smallest quantity of a toxic substance or infectious agent that is found to be lethal. What does "MLD" stand for?
9. What is the world's smallest republic?
10. In linguistics, what is the word for the smallest unit of meaning in a language?