The Friday Brain-teaser from xrefer - Remember 2002? This week we test your memory of events that occurred last year. You may be surprised at how much you have forgotten about it already. Answers page
1. Which British princess, the younger daughter of George VI, died in 2002?
2. At the Madrid summit in December 1995, the European Council decided that which new currency would be used from 2002?
3. Which British rock band released the album "Heathen Chemistry" in 2002?
4. Which writer won the Whitbread Prize in 2002 for his novel "The Amber Spyglass"?
5. Which golfer won the US Masters and US Open in 2002?
6. Which US film director, whose films included "The Lost Weekend" and "Sunset Boulevard", died in 2002?
7. Who started work as chief conductor of the Berlin Philharmonic Orchestra in 2002?
8. Who was re-elected as president of France by a landslide in 2002?
9. From 2002, all television sets sold in the United States contained a V-chip. What does the V-chip do?
10. Which 1998 novel by Nick Hornby was filmed in 2002?