Someone said that "Marriage isn't a word...it's a sentence." This week's brain-teaser from xrefer.com tests your knowledge of celebrity couples down the ages. Answers are here.
1. Which actor was married successively to Jill Esmond, Vivien Leigh and Joan Plowright?
2. Who married William Shakespeare in 1582?
3. Which film star took the name of Grimaldi when she married a prince in 1956?
4. Which English king had three wives called Catherine?
5. Who married singer Michael Jackson in 1995?
6. Which philosopher and novelist was married to John Bayley until her death in 1999?
7. In Greek mythology, who was Menelaus's wife?
8. Which pop musician starred in the 1981 film "Caveman" and married his co-star, Barbara Bach?
9. In which year did Tom Cruise and Nicole Kidman, married for ten years, announce their separation?
10. Which duchess was married to Earl Winfield Spencer from 1916 to 1927?