The Friday Brain-teaser from xrefer. How well do you know your trail-blazers? This week's brain-teaser tests your knowledge of famous explorers and expeditions:
1. Which famous explorer sailed round the world between 1577 and 1580 in "The Golden Hind"?
2. Who allegedly said "Doctor Livingstone, I presume" on meeting David Livingstone in Africa in 1871?
3. Was Christopher Columbus born in Spain, Italy or France?
4. Which explorer established the first European colony in Australia?
5. Which Norwegain explorer led the Kon-Tiki expedition in 1947?
6. The Northwest Passage was often sought by early explorers. It is a route between which two oceans?
7. Who led the expedition which first reached the South Pole on 14 December 1911?
8. Which British explorer made the first surface journey around the world's polar circumference between 1979 and 1982?
9. Which Norwegian explorer won the Nobel Peace Prize in 1922?
10. Which Scottish explorer traced the course of the Niger River in the 1790s?
To find out the answers click here