The Friday Brain-teaser from Credo Reference - this week: Grey or Gray. "All the questions or answers in this week's brainteaser contain the word "grey" or "gray"." Answers here.
1. What kind of drink is "Earl Grey"?
2. Which fictional detective, invented by Agatha Christie, often referred to the "little grey cells" - meaning the human brain?
3. What kind of animal was "Greyfriars Bobby"?
4. In which sport do dogs pursue a mechanically propelled dummy hare around a race track?
5. Is "Grey Friars" another name for the Franciscans, Carmelites or Dominicans?
6. What kind of novels was Zane Grey most famous for writing?
7. Who wrote the famous poem "Elegy Written in a Country Church-Yard" (1751)?
8. Which play by Shakespeare includes the lines "I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips, Straining upon the start. The game's afoot"?
9. By what title is James McNeill Whistler's painting "Arrangement in Grey and Black, No. 1" popularly known?
10. At the end of a famous novel by Edgar Rice Burroughs, which character visits Baltimore where his identity as Lord Greystoke is confirmed?