The Friday Brain-teaser from Credo Reference - this week: Just William. "This brainteaser is about people whose first name is William, some of whom are best known as Bill. Try to identify them all." Answers here.
1. English playwright whose plays include Antony and Cleopatra and As You Like It.
2. US computer scientist and businessman who, in 1975, founded Microsoft Corporation with Paul Allen.
3. The forty-second president of the United States, the first Democrat since Franklin D. Roosevelt to serve two full terms in the White House.
4. British poet (1770-1850) who wrote "I wandered lonely as a cloud That floats on high o'er vales and hills".
5. What was the nickname given to William Cody, an American who managed the travelling Wild West Show?
6. English Quaker (1644-1718) and believer in religious toleration, who founded the American colony of Pennsylvania.
7. American musician whose recordings of "Rock Around the Clock" and "Shake, Rattle & Roll" were among the earliest rock ’n’ roll hits.
8. English reformer who was instrumental in abolishing slavery in the British Empire.
9. Pianist and band leader, nicknamed "Count", who formed his own jazz band in 1935.
10. English printer who in 1474-75 printed the first book in English.