The Friday Brain-teaser from Credo Reference - this week: Weather. "All these questions are about the weather, or things that have "weather" in their names" Answers here.
1. What is a weather vane?
2. In which ocean does El Niño occur?
3. What is the difference between "weather" and "climate"?
4. What was the name of the jazz-rock group founded in 1971 by Wayne Shorter and Joe Zawinul?
5. In 1803, Luke Howard devised a classification of clouds into three primary types. Can you name two of these types?
6. The US terrorist group the Weathermen took their name from a line in a song by which writer?
7. What is measured by the Beaufort scale?
8. Is an anti-cyclone a region of high or low atmospheric pressure?
9. What is a "weather front"?
10. An anemometer is an instrument for measuring what?