The Friday Brain-teaser from Credo Reference - this week: Black. "Here is another of our brainteasers about particular colours. This time every question is about people or things that are called "black"" Answers here.
1. What name is given to the national rugby union team of New Zealand?
2. Name the 1997 hit comedy film starring Tommy Lee Jones and Will Smith as government agents trying to prevent the public learning that America is playing host to a variety of aliens.
3. Which British rock group had a hit single in 1966 with "Paint it Black"?
4. Which geographical feature is bounded by Ukraine, Russia, Georgia, Turkey, Bulgaria and Romania?
5. Which 1877 novel by Anna Sewell describes the experiences of a horse under many different owners?
6. What name was given to the great epidemic of plague, mainly the bubonic variant, that ravaged Europe in the mid-14th century?
7. Which heavy metal band that made its debut record in 1970 contained Terry "Geezer" Butler, Tony Iommi, Bill Ward and John "Ozzy" Osbourne.
8. Which organization was founded in 1966 in Oakland, California by Huey P. Newton and Bobby Seale, seeking liberation for American blacks?
9. What nickname, derived from the colours of their uniforms, was given to a special auxiliary force of the Royal Irish Constabulary formed from British ex-soldiers and in action in Ireland March 1920-December 1921?
10. In South Africa, what was the Black Sash?