The Friday Brain-teaser from Credo Reference - this week: Going for Gold. "This brainteaser is about people who are enthusiastic about studying something or collecting things." Answers here.
1. Which "golden" breed of dog is a popular choice as a guide-dog for blind people?
2. Which 1974 James Bond film included Christopher Lee as Francisco Scaramanga?
3. Which bridge in San Francisco was the world's longest suspension bridge upon its completion in 1937?
4. Name the 1981 film in which Jane Fonda costarred with her father and Katharine Hepburn.
5. What is the symbol for the chemical element gold?
6. What was the title of the US television sitcom, broadcast from 1985 to 1992, featuring three middle-aged women and one clearly older?
7. In which Shakespeare play does Portia have to marry the man who chooses the right casket of three: one is gold, one silver, and one lead?
8. Which 1949 novel by Nelson Algren was made into a film version in 1956 with Frank Sinatra in the title role?
9. Which Canadian-born singer/songwriter made the album "After the Goldrush" in 1970?
10. Who wrote "The Golden Bough", a monumental study in comparative folklore, magic, and religion, published originally in two volumes (1890)?