The Friday Brain-teaser from Credo Reference - this week: Husbands. Answers here.
1. What was the name of Yoko Ono's husband who collaborated with her on "conceptual events" to promote world peace, including a "bed-in"?
2. Who wrote: "It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune must be in want of a wife"?
3. What was the name of the husband of Polish-born French scientist Marie Curie?
4. Which French king was married to Marie Antoinette?
5. Ethel Rosenberg and her husband, Julius, were executed in 1953 for allegedly doing what?
6. Name the guitarist/vocalist with the band Nirvana who was married to Courtney Love, vocalist with the grunge band Hole.
7. Who was the husband of Lotte Lenya?
8. Which British poet married the poet Sylvia Plath in 1956?
9. Oxford academic Michael Aris was the husband of which Myanmar (Burmese) politcian and human-rights campaigner?
10. Which Irish author and wit (1854-1900) married Constance Lloyd in 1884?