The Friday Brain-teaser from Credo Reference - this week: Nobel Prizes. "The US President, Barack Obama, recently received the Nobel Peace Prize. Can you answer these questions about the Nobel Prizes and the man who is commemorated by them? " Answers here.
1. In which country are most of the Nobel Prizes awarded?
2. Name the English dramatist who wrote such plays as "The Birthday Party", "The Dumb Waiter" and "The Caretaker" and won the 2005 Nobel Prize in Literature.
3. Alfred Nobel invented dynamite - true or false?
4. The Russian author famous for the novel "Doctor Zhivago" was awarded the 1958 Nobel Prize for Literature but was forced to reject it. What was his name?
5. Which international organisation has won the Nobel Peace Prize three times?
6. The author of "Malone Dies" and "Endgame"" was awarded the 1969 Nobel Prize in Literature. What was his name?
7. Which former US president won the Nobel Peace Prize in 2002?
8. Which French couple won the Nobel Prize for Physics in 1903 for research on radiation phenomena?
9. Alfred Nobel originally funded prizes in five subjects. Name all five of them.
10. Which wooden material was invented by Alfred Nobel's father, Immanuel?