The Friday Brain-teaser from Credo Reference - this week: Explorers. Answers here.
1.Who first made his immortal "one small step" on to the Moon in July 1969?
2. Which explorer arrived in Botany Bay in 1770 and claimed the east coast of Australia for Britain?
3. Which explorer of the world's oceans invented the Aqua-Lung which came to be called a scuba?
4. Name the Sherpa who reached the summit of Mount Everest with Edmund Hillary on 29 May 1953.
5. The South Pole was first reached in 1911 by a Norwegian expedition under which explorer?
6. America is named after which Spanish explorer?
7. What name was given by Thor Heyerdahl to the raft built of nine balsawood logs on which, in 1947, he and five companions traveled the 5000 miles between Peru and the Tuamoto Islands near Tahiti.
8. Which Italian explorer is celebrated on the second Monday in October with Landing Day or Discovery Day?
9. Which explorer wrote the books "Talent for Trouble" (1968), "Hell on Ice" (1978) and "To the Ends of the Earth: Transglobe Expedition 1979-82 (1983)?
10. In 1922, which Norwegian explorer was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize for Russian relief work?