The Friday Brain-teaser from Credo Reference - this week: Animals in books. Answers here.
1.What kind of animal was "Black Beauty" in the book with that title by Anna Sewell?
2. What kind of animal was Tarka in a 1927 book by Henry Williamson?
3. Complete this title from Rudyard Kipling's "Just So Stories": "How the...Got His Hump".
4. What kind of animal was Babar in picturebooks created in the 1930s by Jean de Brunhoff?
5. Richard Adams's 1972 novel "Watership Down" is about a community of which animals who set out in search of a new home?
6. What kind of animal is Kipper in stories by Mick Inkpen?
7. Which animal is named in the alternative title of Ben Jonson's play "Volpone"?
8. What kind of animal was Archy in Don Marquis's stories about Archy and Mehitabel?
9. In George Orwell's "Animal Farm", what was the name of the noble carthorse who was sent to the knacker's yard?
10. Fill the gap in the title of this story by Mark Twain: "The Celebrated Jumping...of Calaveras County"