The Friday Brain-teaser from Credo Reference - this week: Festivals. Answers here.
1. The largest rock festival of the 1960s was held in New York State in August 1969. What was the name of the festival, and the 1970 film about it?
2. Which city on the French Riviera hosts the International Film Festival - probably the best known of hundreds of film festivals?
3. Which composer's music is celebrated at the Bayreuth Festival in Germany?
4. Jimi Hendrix's final live show was at which festival?
5. Which jazz festival was recorded in the 1959 film "Jazz on a Summer's Day"?
6. Which British Festival of Contemporary Performing Arts began in 1970 when farmer Michael Eavis leased out his land for a combination of pop festival, country fair and harvest festival?
7. In which German city does the annual beer festival known as the Oktoberfest take place on the Wies'n from the middle of September until the first weekend in October?
8. Name the lead vocalist with Big Brother and the Holding Company, who astonished the audience at the Monterey Pop Festival in 1967 with the raw intensity of her voice.
9. Name two of the three English cathedral cities between which the Three Choirs Festival alternates.
10. The WOMAD Festival has taken place at Reading in England since 1982. What does "WOMAD" stand for?