The Friday Brain-teaser from Credo Reference - this week: True or False? Answers here.
1. The word "blog" is a shortened form of "weblog."
2. Anthropology is the study of mankind.
3. The royal penguin is the largest known species of penguin.
4. "Le Corbusier" is the pseudonym of the architect Walter Gropius.
5. Singer/songwriter Peter Skellern formed a group called "Oasis" in 1984.
6. The cube root of 125 is 5.
7. The word "jabberwocky" was coined by Lewis Carroll as the title of a poem in "Alice in Wonderland."
8. Acidophilus is a minor character in Shakespeare's "Much Ado About Nothing."
9. The more sides a polygon has, the larger the sum of its internal angles.
10. The title of F. Scott Fitzgerald's novel "Tender is the Night" comes from the poem "Ode to a Nightingale" by John Keats.