The Friday Brain-teaser from Credo Reference - this week: Computer Games. Answers here.
1. Which Japanese company introduced the Game Boy in 1989?
2. What kind of animal is "Sonic" in games manufactured by Japanese company Sega?
3. Name the electronic toy which was all the rage in 1997. It displayed a digital image of a creature that had to be looked after by its owner as if it were a pet.
4. Which video game console was released in Japan by Sony in 1994?
5. What did players have to do in the game of Space Invaders?
6. In the game "Donkey Kong", what was the name of the little man who had to rescue a lady in distress from a gorilla?
7. In the game "Pac-Man", which was popular in the early 1980s, what exactly was the "Pac-Man"?
8. What was the name of IBM's chess machine which in 1997 defeated grandmaster Garry Kasparov by 3.5-2.5?
9. In talking about computer games, what does MMOG stand for?
10. Which video games business was founded in 1972 by Nolan Bushnell?