The Friday Brain-teaser from Credo Reference - this week: Greece. Answers here.
1. What is the capital city of Greece?
2. Is the currency of Greece the drachma or the euro?
3. What is the name of the famous temple of Athena on the Acropolis of Athens?
4. What is the largest island which is part of Greece?
5. What are the Elgin marbles?
6. Retsina is a Greek product. Is it a wine, a food or a cloth?
7. In 1823, which famous British poet became involved in Greece's war of independence from Turkey, and died the following year in Missolonghi?
8. The Greek mathematician Pythagoras devised a famous theorem about right-angled triangles. What was Pythagoras' theorem?
9. How was Greece's democratic government ended in 1967?
10. Which ancient Greek author wrote the play "Lysistrata" in which the women of Athens and Sparta, which are at war, refuse sexual contact with their husbands until the two cities make peace?