Featured Link

Featured Link: World Book Trade (e-books, awards, videos)

Friday, November 16, 2007

The End of an Era by Roy Tennant

The End of an Era by Roy Tennant - "I began my "Digital Libraries" column for Library Journal ten years ago today. It's hard to believe that I've found something worth writing about in enough words to keep my various editors happy (I've had three over the years) every month for a decade. During this time we've witnessed many changes both within and without libraries. When I began writing all of the following did not exist: Google, Napster, MySpace, Facebook, Wikipedia, LinkedIn, Skype, SecondLife, del.icio.us, and YouTube. And that's just for starters...So after ten long years I will no longer be writing a column for Library Journal, but I will be blogging." Complete version at Library Journal

No comments: