The Friday Brain-teaser from Xrefer - this week: The Letter C. Answers here
1. What is the surname of the British actress who starred in the TV series "Dynasty" and the films "The Stud" and "The Bitch"?
2. In marketing, what is the phrase for the practice of making unsolicited calls to customers or consumers in an attempt to sell products or services?
3. Which vocal group had hit records with "Yakety Yak", "Charlie Brown" and "Poison Ivy"?
4. What is being described by this definition: "A black or blackish solid combustible mineral, mined from the ground, consisting chiefly of carbonized vegetable matter and widely used as a natural fuel"?
5. What was the real surname of the US showman, born in 1846, who was known as "Buffalo Bill"?
6. Which carbonated drink was invented in 1886 by John S. Pemberton, a US pharmacist?
7. What is the surname of the singer-songwriter whose albums include "Songs of Love and Hate" and "The Future"?
8. What name was given to the counter-revolutionaries who fought against the Sandinista government in Nicaragua in the 1980s?
9. What was the title of the autobiography of Thomas De Quincey, referring to his drug-taking?
10. What was the name of the first programmable computer, designed by Alan Turing and Tommy Flowers in 1943 for code-breaking in World War II?