The Friday Brain-teaser from Xrefer - this week: Volcanoes. Answers here
1. Which volcanic mountain in Sicily is the highest active volcano in Europe?
2. Which volcanic island in Indonesia caused a tsunami killing 36,000 people when it erupted in 1883?
3. Which volcano buried the Roman town of Pompeii when it erupted in AD 79?
4. In which country is there a volcano called Popocatepetl?
5. Which volcanic peak in SW Washington, dormant since 1857, erupted in 1980?
6. There is an active volcano in Antarctica - true or false?
7. Who wrote the 1947 novel "Under the Volcano" about a British Consul in a city situated under two volcanoes?
8. Which volcanic island off southern Iceland emerged from the ocean in a fiery eruption in November 1963?
9. Which of the Leeward Islands, in the Caribbean Sea, was made two-thirds uninhabitable (including the capital Plymouth) by a huge volcanic eruption in 1997?
10. Name the largest of the Japanese Volcano Islands which was captured in 1945 by US forces. A photograph of the US flag being planted on its highest peak became a US symbol of the Pacific conflict.