The Friday Brain-teaser from Xrefer - this week: Dogs. Answers here.
1. Which breed of dog is also known as a "sausage dog"?
2. What did Winston Churchill describe as his "Black dog"?
3. In the Northern Hemisphere, are the Dog Days the hottest or coldest days of the year?
4. What was the name of the dog in the film "The Wizard of Oz"?
5. In the Sherlock Holmes story "Silver Blaze" by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, what was "the curious incident of the dog in the night-time"?
6. The composer of "Camptown Races" also wrote a song called "Old Dog Tray". What was the composer's name?
7. A song about a dog was a hit for Big Mama Thornton in 1953 but a bigger hit for Elvis Presley in 1956. What was the song's title?
8. Virginia Woolf's "Flush" is a fictional biography of a spaniel belonging to which 19th-century poet?
9. The first school for training guide dogs was established after World War I in which country: France, Germany or Norway?
10. What is a "yellow dog contract"?