The Friday Brain-teaser from Xrefer - this week: Pirates. Answers here.
1. Name the 2003 pirate film for which Johnny Depp received a Best Actor Oscar nomination.
2. Name the leader of the pirates who tried to seize the treasure map in R. L. Stevenson's story "Treasure Island".
3. The pirate's flag was the Jolly Roger. What was pictured on it?
4. Who wrote the operetta "The Pirates of Penzance"?
5. The pirate Edward Teach is popularly remembered by what nickname?
6. Which 1936 novel by Daphne Du Maurier was the romantic story of a young girl and her pirate lover? It was filmed by Alfred Hitchcock in 1938.
7. In J. M. Barrie's "Peter Pan", which pirate was defeated by Peter in a duel and eaten by a crocodile?
8. As the haunt of pirates, the "Spanish Main" referred to which sea?
9. Which film star sang "Be a Clown" with Gene Kelly in the 1947 movie "The Pirate"?
10. Name the Welsh buccaneer who went to the West Indies, and was sent in 1672 as a prisoner to England on complaints of piracy but soon became a hero and was knighted in 1673 and made lieutenant governor of Jamaica.