The Friday Brain-teaser from Xrefer - this week: lakes. Answers here.
1. The capital of Utah in the USA is near the Great Salt Lake. What is the name of this capital city?
2. In which continent are the Great Lakes, a group of five freshwater lakes?
3. The largest lake in Africa was named by British explorer John Hanning Speke after which queen?
4. Which large lake, partly in Israel and partly in Jordan, is the lowest surface point on earth?
5. The deepest lake in the world is in Russia. What is its name?
6. A lake of northwest England in the Cumbrian Mountains is the largest lake in England. What is it called?
7. What is the more usual name for the lake on the Swiss-French border also called Lake Leman?
8. Which saltwater lake between Europe and Asia is the largest inland body of water in the world?
9. Which lake, largely in Italy but partly in Switzerland, contains the Borromean Islands and has on its shores the tourist resorts of Stresa and Locarno?
10. David Livingstone was found by H. M. Stanley in 1871 at Ujiji, on the shore of which African lake?