The Friday Brain-teaser from Xrefer - this week: Languages. One estimate suggests that there are more than 5,000 different languages throughout the world. Here are questions about some of them. Answers here
1. Afrikaans is one of the official languages of which African country?
2. Basic, Fortran and Cobol are examples of what kind of languages?
3. Name one of the two official languages of India
4. What name is given to the alphabet used for Russian, Bulgarian, Serbian and various other languages of the former Soviet Union?
5. Words like adagio, crescendo, macaroni and graffiti have come into English from which language?
6. What is the official language of Brazil?
7. Name two of the four official languages of Switzerland
8. ASL or Ameslan is what kind of language?
9. What language, that is unrelated to any other European language, is spoken by people living in the western Pyrenees?
10. Name one of the two major languages of Afghanistan