The Friday Brain-teaser from xrefer - this week Jazz - Answers here:
1. Which jazz saxophonist was known as "Bird" or "Yardbird?"
2. Which famous trumpeter and singer learned to play the cornet at the Waif's Home in New Orleans and later married Lillian Hardin?
3. Was Duke Ellington a pianist, guitarist or drummer?
4. Which saxophonist established his individual approach on his albums "Giant Steps" (1959) and "My Favorite Things" (1960)?
5. Which famous jazz quartet was led by pianist John Lewis with Milt Jackson on vibraphone?
6. The popular tune "Take Five" was written by Dave Brubeck: true or false?
7. Which famous Belgian musician managed to play jazz guitar even though, in 1928, he lost two fingers of his left hand in a fire in his caravan?
8. Which jazz singer was portrayed by Diana Ross in the 1972 film "Lady Sings the Blues?"
9. Which trumpet player (1911-1989) was nicknamed "Little Jazz?"
10. Which double bass player composed the tune "Good-bye Pork Pie Hat" and wrote the book "Beneath the Underdog?