This week's Friday Brain-Teaser from xrefer tests your knowledge of Acronyms. Answers here.
1. As the name for an international organization, what does UN or U.N. stand for?
2. GIGO is a term used in computing slang for what phrase?
3. What is the usual acronym for the Oxford Committee for Famine Relief?
4. QANTAS is the Australian national airline. What does the "Q" stand for?
5. Is GDR a former name for East Germany or West Germany?
6. What is the usual acronym for the International Criminal Police Organization?
7. M*A*S*H was a television comedy series from 1973 to 1984. What does MASH stand for?
8. Scuba divers swim underwater. What does SCUBA stand for?
9. A zip code is what the British call a postcode. What does ZIP stand for?
10. A laser produces a beam of narrow light of high intensity. What phrase does LASER stand for?