This week's Friday Brain-Teaser from xrefer tests your knowledge of wine. Answers here.
1. What is the meaning of the word "brut" when used to describe a wine?
2. Is hock a red wine or a white wine?
3. Buck's fizz, or Mimosa, is a drink of champagne mixed with what?
4. How much wine does a magnum hold: 1.5 litres, 2.5 litres or 3.5 litres?
5. The wine called "soave" comes from which country?
6. When it is broached, Beaujolais nouveau is rushed to the UK and USA on the third Thursday of which month?
7. In wine, what are the "lees?"
8. Claret comes from which region of France?
9. Mirin is a sweet wine used in the cookery of which country?
10. Which red wine, or the grape it is produced from, gets its name from a French word meaning "baby blackbird?"