This week's Friday brain-teaser from xrefer tests your knowledge of War and Peace. Answers here:
1. Which war started with what was called "the phoney war"?
2. "CO" is used for a person who objects to serving in the armed forces. What does this abbreviation stand for?
3. In which year did the Falklands War take place between Britain and Argentina?
4. The Vietnam anti-war movement began soon after which American president ordered the bombing of North Vietnam in March 1965?
5. Which country did Iraq invade in 1990, starting the first Gulf War?
6. Who said "Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding"? Was it Winston Churchill, J. F. Kennedy or Albert Einstein?
7. The Peace of Ghent was signed in 1814 to end war between which two countries?
8. Which Soviet president was awarded the Nobel Prize for Peace in 1990?
9. What strange name was given to the war between Britain and Spain in 1739?
10. Which composer wrote the "War Requiem", an anti-war choral work first performed in 1962?