This week's Friday brain-teaser from xrefer tests your knowledge of the animal world. Answers here:
1. Which animal is defined in the dictionary as "A mature female bovine animal"?
2. Which animals are the largest species of the cat family?
3. Which animal is the offspring of a female horse and a male donkey?
4. Which animal gets its name from a Greek term meaning "river horse"?
5. The condor is a kind of vulture: true or false?
6. What is the usual word for a young moose, elephant or whale?
7. Which breed of dog, originating in Germany, got its name from the German words for "badger" and "dog"?
8. Which animal did Mark Twain say "is the only animal that blushes, or needs to"?
9. What does a koala normally eat?
10. A roadrunner is a kind of cuckoo: true or false?