The Friday Brain-teaser from Credo Reference - this week: Apples. "All the questions or answers in this week's brainteaser concern apples or an apple" Answers here.
1. The Big Apple is a nickname for which particular American city?
2. Which scientist supposedly developed his general theory of gravitation from seeing an apple fall from a tree beside his Woolsthorpe home?
3. In a figurative sense, what is an apple-polisher?
4. What is the popular name for the visible projection at the front of the neck formed by the thyroid cartilage?
5. "Love apple" is an old name for what fruit (which is often regarded as a vegetable)?
6. "Apples and pears" is Cockney rhyming slang for what?
7. What is the meaning of the phrase "apple-pie order"?
8. Who wrote the 1929 play "The Apple Cart": was it George Bernard Shaw, Eugene O'Neill or Noel Coward?
9. "Apple Islander" means someone born in which country (or who has come to regard it as his or her home)?
10. Name one of the two men who founded Apple Computer, Inc.