The Friday Brain-teaser from Credo Reference - this week: Drinks. "This week's brainteaser is about drinks of various kinds" Answers here.
1. Cider is usually a fizzy beverage made from which fruit?
2. Chianti is a wine produced in which country: France, Spain or Italy?
3. Darjeeling and Lapsang are kinds of which drink?
4. Use the name of a drink to fill the gap in this title of a 1947 novel by Compton Mackenzie: "____ Galore".
5. Which fortified wine was originally made around Jerez de la Frontera in S Spain?
6. What name is given to coffee made by forcing steam or boiling water through ground coffee beans?
7. Which drink was invented by Dr John Pemberton in the 1880s: a mixture of sugar, water, coca extracts, kola nut and caffeine?
8. Complete this quotation from Shakespeare's "Twelfth Night" with a word for a drink: "Dost thou think, because thou art virtuous, there shall be no more cakes and...?"
9. Which drink, originating in Portugal, has four basic styles: white, tawny, ruby, and vintage?
10. Who wrote the Coffee Cantata in the 1730s?