The Friday Brain-teaser from Credo Reference - this week: France. "France is said to be the most visited country in the world. How much do you know about France and the French? Test your knowledge with this brainteaser" Answers here.
1. Paris, the capital of France, is situated on which river?
2. Leonardo da Vinci's "Mona Lisa" is in which Paris museum?
3. In 1965, a road tunnel was opened from Chamonix in France to Courmayeur in Italy - under which mountain (the highest mountain in the Alps)?
4. What are the three colours on the French flag?
5. In which region of France does true champagne come from: the northwest, the northeast, or the southeast?
6. Which famous French singer was born Edith Giovanna Gassion and adopted a name which meant a "little sparrow"?
7. Which large island in the Mediterranean is an offshore province of France?
8. Which 1980 musical was based on an 1862 novel by Victor Hugo?
9. In 1998, France became world champions by beating which country's team in the soccer World Cup at the Stade de France?
10. In 1898, which French novelist aroused interest in the Dreyfus Case by writing a letter beginning "J'accuse"?