The OpenWMS is a platform-independent, open source, web-accessible system that can be used as a standalone application or integrated with other repository architectures by a wide range of organizations. It provides a complete metadata creation system for analog and digital materials, with services to ingest objects and metadata into a Fedora repository and to export these objects and metadata, individually and in bulk in METS/XML Wrapper.
* Event-based data model for management and rights documentation
* Capability to customize the look and feel of the metadata input and to add default values to data elements
* Ability to customize and add vocabularies to data elements
* Unicode and CJK vernacular character support
* Mapping and import metadata and digital files from standard and in-house formats
* Export digital object in METS/XML Wrapper
This is a core to ingest digital objects into the Institutional Fedora Repository (RUcore) developed at the Rutgers University Libraries. The cataloging module in OpenWMS is based on the Library of Congress version of OpenMIC