"After years spent editing American Libraries and the many editions of The Whole Library Handbook, George Eberhart has collected a raft of arcane librariana and amusing trivia for this endlessly browsable volume. Equally suitable for the reference shelf and the staff lounge, the dozens of wide-ranging lists in this book include
* 14 ways libraries are good for the country
* How to say “Where is the library?” in 50 different languages
* 10 intriguing paper defects
* 6 library-related birdsongs
* Top 12 silly reasons to ban a book
The mixture of serious topics, tongue-in-cheek items, and outright silliness provides something to please everyone familiar with libraries, making a fun read and a wonderful gift"