The Friday Brain-teaser from Credo Reference - this week: Remakes. A remake is a new version of something - most often a film but sometimes a TV programme, a song, or some other form of entertainment. Try to answer these questions about remakes of various kinds. Answers here.
1. Which US actor won critical acclaim for her starring role as estranged twin sisters in the 1998 remake of "The Parent Trap" (1961)?
2. Which female US actor who appeared in "A Fish Called Wanda" and "True Lies" also appeared in Disney's family film remake "Freaky Friday" (2003)?
3. "10 Things I Hate About You" (1999) was a modern movie remake of which Shakespeare play?
4. Which film director's original production and remake of "The Ten Commandments" were the top-grossing films of the twenties and fifties, respectively?
5. What was the title of the 1987 American film which was a remake of a 1985 French film called "Trois Hommes et un couffin"?
6. "All in the Family" was a US television series based on which British television series about a working-class Londoner: an archetypal royalist and racist?
7. Which children's classic book has been filmed three times, starring Katharine Hepburn in 1933, June Allyson in 1949, and Claire Danes and Winona Ryder in 1994?
8. Which US actor became identified with screen villainy through such roles as the sadistic sergeant in the 1966 remake of "Beau Geste"?
9. Which 1956 film was a musical remake of "The Philadelphia Story"?
10. Which musician made the 1975 record album "Slow Dazzle", which included what one critic called a "perverse remake" of Elvis Presley's "Heartbreak Hotel"?