The Friday Brain-teaser from Credo Reference - this week: Energy. One of the sources recently added to the Credo Reference database is the "Encyclopedia of Energy". All these questions can be answered from this. Answers here.
1. In describing electric current, what kind of current does "AC" stand for?
2. What is "desalination"?
3. Is the "neap tide" a high tide or a low tide?
4. The tanker Amoco Cadiz caused an oil spill in 1978 off the coast of which country: France, Canada or the USA?
5. What is "biomass"?
6. The chemical composition of the sun includes 71% of which element?
7. In connection with oil production, what does "OPEC" stand for?
8. The Gulf War of 1990-1991 disrupted the "desert pavement". What is the "desert pavement"?
9. Describing oil tankers, what is a "Suezmax"?
10. What is the primary source of energy on the earth?